Fassberg Construction Company employees live and work by our mission of Building a Standard of Excellence on every project small and large.
Come work with us
Our team members trust Fassberg to make the right decisions for the company’s success, and we see this as a genuine responsibility. Fassberg makes every effort to deliver a reliable environment for long-term progression and development for every employee.
Fassberg has and continues to contract with various subcontracting companies in connection with all of our projects. We have established and are continually updating and pre-qualifying subcontractors.
We make every effort to assist employees and team members in every manner in completing, complying and exceeding local benefits as well as all project guidelines. When considering adding new team members, we endeavor to determine the best fit for our Projects.
Furthermore, we encourage our job-site supervision and project management to look out for potential hiring into the labor force on our projects and encourage our subcontractors to do the same. Creating a cohesive team is our goal.
In addition to general employment, we are intimately familiar with the Los Angeles Housing Department, Community Redevelopment Agency, HUD, and various cities policies regarding acceptable and reasonable Good-Faith Efforts in meeting participation requirements by the General Contractor to subcontractors.
Construction Superintendent oversee and manage all field construction activities.
- Day-to-Day, on site responsibilities ensuring the project meets approved plan.
- Adhere to company standards, time frames, and within estimated costs.
- Oversee and direct field labor.
- Rapid development of detailed schedules for assigned projects, communicating such to subcontractors.
- Review and study approved plans and specifications and plan construction sequence and finalize detailed construction schedule.
- Swift and complete information exchange between end users, architects, engineers, designers, subcontractors, suppliers, etc…
- Cultivate relationships and camaraderie with inspection officials.
- Early and accurate identification and complete resolution of construction issues using all possible resources.
- Establishment of high quality, job site cleanliness, and safety standards
- Minimization of “surprises” or “reworks” that would add cost and delays.
- Detailed and innovative constructibility reviews of assigned projects and designs.
- Submit daily project log.
- Administer and process Change Orders.
- prepare and complete all punch-list issues.
- Knowledge of Commerical / Multi-Family Residentual construction, site development, concrete structures including Podium Decks.
- Ability to comprehend architectural drawings.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers.
Project Managers are responsible to the Project Executive for the overall construction project, and for the achievement of Fassberg, goals in the areas of cost, schedule and quality.
- Work in conjunction with the Estimator’s on all pre-con services
- Attend and participate in design, budget and scheduling meetings with the Owner and/or Architect.
- Insure that the Owner receives your leadership and technical abilities and advice.
- Monitor and control pre-con costs, monitor project schedule and insure adherence to milestones.
- Ability to recognize problems and generate workable alternative solutions
- Understanding of construction techniques to a relatively high degree in principle and practice including fundamentals of reinforced concrete, wood framing methods and engineering details, as well as electrical distribution systems, built-up roofing techniques, heating and air conditioning systems, all subcontractor trades, etc.
- Estimating abilities such as quantity survey, listing and pricing of FCC work and Subcontractor work.
- A thorough knowledge of contracts, general conditions and supplemental general conditions as well as plans and specifications associated with the project.
- Recognition of varying levels of ability, experience and ambition in subordinates and ability to alter mentor qualities to encourage growth.
- Evaluation of subordinate’s performance in relation to their specific jobs setting goals for improvement and insuring that proper training is provided to fill in gaps.
- Develop motivation and teamwork in subordinates.
- Handle Owners with a firm and supportive attitude.
- Change Orders
- FCC Policy
- 4 year degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- 5 – 8 years as a Project Engineer in the Construction Industry.
- Ultimate professionalism with regard to relationships with Owners, Subcontractors and FCC Employees.
- Thorough knowledge of contracts, materials, scheduling, productivity and cash flow.
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Prolog
- Excellent communication and writing skills
The work is challenging and requires the Project Manager to be a problem solver, a team leader and an inspiration to the Owner to keep the job moving. If you feel that you are the right candidate to fill this position please apply today!